Saturday, March 14, 2020

Internet service in Alberta (Probably Canada)

I went into my Shaw account in response to a call from Telus who offered me the same channel line up I had on Shaw for 125.00 per month as opposed to the 200.00 I am paying Shaw.

Shaw danced me around for half an hour and came up with a plan that was 3 dollars less than the existing plan although they are offering the same plan as an original sign in at 175.00 per month.

Today I turned on my Blue Sky TV and went to BBC world news.  To my suprise it has been changed to BBC Canada and I can rent it for 4 bucks a month.  Now, I'm told by Bell Media that I have the best deal in the world going and it is the same one I had before renewal.

Notably, Telus was taking a storm in speed not realizing I was not on Glass Lines, I am on Copper. Which made those speeds impossible.

The Shaw modern modem they install won't give pumped service to our many phones, pads and so on.  I had to buy doublers from shaw for this.

I put this up as a guideline on what you might ask of your IP providers.


No comments:

Newer Post Older Post a> Home